Its been a good week with lots going on:
- We had the final partner meeting and project conference for the Lang2Tech project on assessment and certification of Second Language Competence in Technicians. There seems to be a positive momentum to sustaining the project products but increasing recognition that commercial viability will require extending the project to more languages and occupation groups – which all seems a bit daunting just now!
- Finalised a chapter for a book on research methods in Human Resource Development.
- A paper co-authored with Ally Memon was accepted for the Society for Higher Education Research conference in December. The paper is drawn from our research on competence-based approaches to Masters level teaching and learning for the Propound project.
- Other research outputs remain ongoing but I hope to push them forward through the discipline of writing for at least one hour per day this week. This is an attempt at implementing a maker schedule.
- The experiment with Trello for project management is proving helpful – mainly for lists and tracking bigger tasks and I need to think through what will work best for me in terms of listing the micro-next actions as it feels like Trello won’t work for *me* for that.Submitting the penultimate progress report on the as well as completing a few small tasks for that and the I’m still working to get to grips with Moodle but do feel like I’m getting somewhere!